End-of-year subsidised workshops for you
Have you been considering holding a Skills-training workshop for your staff in English, but not sure how to pay for it? Good news! Your workshop may be eligible to receive funding from FUNDAE, which must be used by the end of 2018 or your company will lose it!
So, ELASTiC is here to help you choose the right workshop for your staff, and with the know how to secure the funding via FUNDAE too.
We offer one-day 4-hour workshops, or 2-day 8-hour workshops in the following areas:
- Presentation Skills
- Advanced Email Writing
- Conflict Resolution
- Legal Writing
These workshops are designed for 1-12 participants and can be held in a morning, afternoon, or evening session to maximize attendance.
All workshops are tailored for the needs of your staff, which means one of our ELASTiC partners would first come to meet you about your needs and best dates/times to schedule the workshops. 2-day workshops allow participants time for “homework” to apply lessons learnt in the first day’s workshop before running the second.
You can find a description of each workshop below, and feel free to contact us for more information here or by calling us on 638 485 943.
Don’t delay, as time to use your FUNDAE-funding is running out!
Our experienced trainers can help you plan, organize, and deliver your presentation to ensure that all “3 Vs” (the visual, vocal, and verbal elements) are consistent and thus help to convince your listeners. PowerPoint and other media, body-language, fielding questions, and other elements are all covered in order to help you build confidence when giving presentations. We work together on techniques for creating interest and impact that reflect the positive style and personality of the speaker. By the end of our course you will be better able to:
- deliver more powerful presentations
- use visual aids to support your points
- influence the people that matter in your organisation
- feel confident and enjoy giving presentations in English.
Advanced Email Writing
In most international companies and institutions there are many cultural differences, as well as a variety of approaches to dealing with colleagues, customers and stakeholders. Although a diversity of approaches is often a strength, there are occasions when it can be problematic, and there is therefore justification for some standardisation in email communications. Our training sessions are designed to:
- help staff develop their relationships and build closeness, through more effective email communications
- use content specific to your organisation, driven and modified by self-identified participant needs and priorities
- be highly participatory, using authentic cases from your organisation, pair work, group work and role plays.
Conflict is not per se wrong. However, the implications of an inability to find ways to channel conflict for company benefit are enormous for organisations of any size. It can lead to staff being sick, demoralised, or unwilling to innovate. It often leads to a very high turnover of staff, all incurring high costs for the company. On the other hand, achieving conflict resolution can lead to challenged, happy, innovative employees comfortable where they work. By the end of this workshop you will have:
- explored the process of conflict resolution through test cases and role plays
- evaluated a variety of ways in which conflicts can be effectively managed
- identified the benefits to be gained from timely, judicious conflict resolution.
Despite the difficulties inherent in legal documents, there is also a high degree of predictability. It is clear from our experience that for lawyers working in an international legal context, they can relatively quickly familiarise themselves with key terms and vocabulary, which allow them to function more effectively in the the Anglo-Saxon legal world. By the end of this module you will have:
- developed the vocabulary awareness necessary to understand more fully English legal text
- analysed the structures and grammar required to draft legal documents in English, based on various templates
- brought your own correspondence into the classroom environment and found ways to develop communications based on your specific context.
Negotiating in another language needn´t be complex. Our negotiation skills courses range from intermediate to advanced, building a focus from language control up to more complex persuasive and cross-cultural techniques, to help you negotiate in English successfully and with confidence. it is particularly useful for managers, executives, buyers, sales representatives and procurement officers who need to negotiate regularly in English. By the end of this course you will be better able to:
- apply a systematic approach to preparing for a negotiation
- learn how to avoid common negotiating mistakes
- practice putting your views across in non-confrontational ways
- learn how to best steer a negotiation for a win-win outcome.
ELASTiC can work with groups or individuals to focus on the responsibilities of preparation, planning and timing. We then help you develop and polish the special skills needed by a chairperson to lead the meeting to a satisfactory outcome for all; focusing not only on language, but also on tact, diplomacy and cross-cultural communication for international meetings. By the end of this course, you will be better able to:
- chair a meeting more effectively
- feel more confident participating in meetings through enhanced vocabulary and active listening skills
- perform the various roles of participants in different types of meetings.
Job Interview Preparation
This course includes CVs, cover letters, social media and personal branding. It is a practical course which will help you with the process, from beginning to end, of finding a job in English in a competitive environment: from finding and making contacts (via social media and other networks), to developing your CV, cover letter, and personal brand, to preparing for the job interview, to follow-up activities to keep you noticed. By the end of this workshop, you will:
- have further developed your personal brand and learnt how to best promote it
- feel more confident in speaking in job interviews in English
- have better control over the job-search process so that it works in your favor.
We are officially registered as an entidad organizadora with FUNDAE, which means we can help you access your training subsidies to significantly lower the cost for your company. ELASTiC can administer the whole process from start to finish, and quickly find out which subsidies are available to your firm.
ELASTiC can help you with many other commuications skills courses, such as Email and Report Writing, Telephoning and Conference Calls, or our popular Pronunciation for Professionals course. Contact us to see what we can do for you!